(i). FULL NAME: FAGBEMI, Kayode
(ii) DATE & PLACE OF BIRTH: 31stOctober, 1961; Iyah–Gbede
(iii). STATE OF ORIGIN Kogi State
(iv). NATIONALITY: Nigerian
(v). MARITAL STATUS: Married with Four Children
|EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS ATTENDED WITH||ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION||DATES|
|Federal University of Technology, Minna Niger State||Master of, Disaster Risk Management||2010-2012|
|Federal University of Technology, Minna, Niger State||Master of Technology (Remote Sensing Application||1992-1993|
|University of Ilorin, Ilorin.||B. Sc. Hons. (2nd Class Upper) Geography and Education||1986-1989|
|College of Education, Oro.||N. C. E. Geography and Economics|
|Abdul Azeez Attah Memorial College, Okene.||W.A.S.C|
(viii) EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
- Director, Planning Research and Forecasting, National Emergency Management Agency (Presidency) I joined NEMA in 2000 as Assistant Chief Planning Officer and rose through the rank to the position of a Director. I have also worked in the following Departments:
- Relief and Rehabilitation Dept.
- Disaster Risk Reduction Dept.
- Search and Rescue Dept.
- Humanitarian Affairs Officer, United Nations Office for Humanitarian Affairs (UNOCHA)
March 2012 to March 2013
- Manager, Information Research Limited, Abuja, 1stOctober,1993 To August 2000
- Assistant Lecturer, University of Ilorin, 5thMay – 30th September 1993
- Saving Lives: Ensemble-Based Early Warnings in Developing Nations in Handbook of Hydrometeorological Ensemble Forecasting; Published by Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- The Use of Military in Disaster Management in Nigeria. Published in the Monthly Bulletin of International Association of Emergency Managers, July 2005 (iaem.com)
- Disaster Management in Nigeria – Published in the Monthly Bulletin of International Association of Emergency Managers June 2007 (iaem.com)
- Nigeria Cospas-SarsatProgramme. Published in Response magazine, Vol. 1 No. 6 March 2006.
- Mr. Fagbemi has represented Nigeria in many International Meetings and is well travelled.