TYPES OF MEMBERSHIP
INDIVIDUAL MEMBERSHIP: Individual is open to Occupational health & Safety, Disaster Management, Risk Managers and s from allied fields, Fire Safety and Security. Individual Membership of the Institute shall be divided into the following categories:
- STUDENT MEMBER: A Student Member shall include any person who is attending school with the intention to enter the Emergency, Safety, Environmental and allied profession upon graduation.
- AFFILIATE MEMBER: This shall constitute those who are engaged in Safety or a related field with a minimum of a year work experience.
- GRADUATE MEMBER: A Graduate Member must have at least two (2) years of experience in a Health, Safety, Environmental or Disaster or related role as well as must possesses recognized qualifications.
- ASSOCIATE MEMBER: This shall constitute of Members with at least three (3) years experience in a Health, Emergency, Safety, Environmental or related role as well as possesses recognized qualifications.
- TECHNICAL MEMBER: A Technical Member must possess at least five (5) years of experience in Risk, Disaster or related role as well as must possess a recognized qualification.
- PROFESSIONAL MEMBER: To progress to Member Level, a member must have at least three (3) years of experience as a Technical Member and also be in Health, Safety, Environmental, Disaster or Risk Management leadership positions for at least five (5) years. In addition, all Chartered Members must pass Knowledge and Skills Assessment and an Oral Interview.
- FELLOW: Fellowship of the Institute is awarded only to Members who demonstrate an outstanding commitment to the Emergency, Crisis, Safety, Health, Environmental and Risk profession. Our Fellows go “above and beyond” the call of duty and are the Ambassadors of the Institute as determined by the Governing Council.
- HONOURARY MEMBER: These are conferred on those who have made notable contributions in the profession or to Emergency, Crisis, Safety, Disaster & Risk Management Institute or otherwise determined by the Governing Council to deserve such honour.
- CORPORATE MEMBERSHIP: Corporate Membership is open to those organizations directly involved in Occupational Health, Safety, Environmental, Emergency and Allied Professions.
METHOD OF MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION
ØThe application forms for membership registration are obtainable from the institute’s Office Mondays to Fridays (8am – 5pm daily).
- a) Photocopies of your credentials
b) Updated C.V,
c) Two (2) passport photographs.
d) And N 5,000 cash or payment made directly into the Institute’s account:
UBA UBAA/C NO.: 1013635573