Mr ishola Waheed Olalekan was born on 26TH OCTOBER 1964 in Lagos
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND ATTENDED:
- Shamusideen Islamic Primary School, Surulere (1970 – 1976)
- Holy Saviour’s College Isolo: (1976 – 1981)
- University of Calabar (1982 – 1986)
- University of Ibadan (Distance Learning) (1999)
- United States Institute of Peace (USIP) Washington DC, USA
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS WITH DATES
- FIRST SCHOOL LEAVING CERTIFICATE (FSLC 1976)
- Shamusideen Islamic Primary School, Surulere.
- WEST AFRICA SCHOOL LEAVING CERTIFICATE WASCE (1981)
- Holy Saviour’s College, Isolo Lagos.
- Bachelor of Science (3.sc) Pol. Science (1986) University of Calabar.
- Post Graduate Diploma (Pub. Admin) 1999 University of Ibadan (Distance Learning)
- Certificate in Conflict Resolution (USIP) Washington DC, USA – 2015
- Joined the Directorate for Social Mobilization (MAMSER) in 1988 as Assistant Social Mobilization Officer, rose through the ranks to present position of State Director, National Orientation Agency (NOA)
DETAILS OF ASSIGNMENTS/ACTIVITIES:
- Formulation of programme policies at the State Level
- Programme Planning and implementation at the State Level
- Co-ordinating Execution of Programmes of Chief Mobilisation Officers at the Local Government Level.
- Co-ordinating implementation of government civil society partnership programme at the State Level.
- Co-ordinating implementation of political awareness/voters education programme of the Agency at the State and Local Government Level.
- Facilitating the implementation of Mass Awareness Campaign sponsored by UNICEF – B Field Office.
- Co-ordinating programmes on peaceful co-existent amongst the different ethnic community in Lagos State viz Opc, Arewa, Egbesu etc. (Post Conflict Resolution).
- Co-ordinating advocacy and Awareness campaign on various government programmes and activities.
- Co-ordinating the activities of Community Support Brigade (CSB) in the State.
- Co-ordinating implementation of programme on Education of the Masses on their Civic Responsibility and Obligations to Government.
- Facilitating implementation of NOA National Headquarters programme at the State Level.
- Any other duties assigned by the NHQ.
EMERGENCY/DISASTER MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE.
- Handling /Distribution of relief materials (Bomb blast victims)
- Co-ordinated registration/re-uniting process amongst victims of Bomb-blast at Ikeja military cantonment..
- Management of Opc/Arewa/Egbesu Social Conflict.
- Participated in peace committee (member).
- Handling of Pipeline vandalisation/explosion at Ilado village Amuwo Odofin Local Government (May 2006).
- Liaising with community leaders and council officials and NGOS to manage the situation.
- Advocacy/awareness campaigns on dangers of vandalisation of pipelines and economic sabotage at Abule-Egba community (26th December 2006).
POLITICAL KILLINGS INTERVENTIONS:
- Involvement in political education campaigns to enable political actors, followers/supporters and other stakeholders imbibe political tolerance virtues/peaceful co-existence.
- “Building a people of peace”. Sensitization and mobilization of Arewa, Igbo, Yoruba communities as well as religious organizations to eschew violence before, during and after the 2003, 2007 and 2011 general elections in the country.
UNICEF B – FIELD PROGRAMME:
- Facilitated implementation of mass awareness campaign on management of the deadly avian influenza to curtail the spread to human and livestock.
- Interfaced with identified publics in 8 Local Governments: Teachers, PTAS Poultry Farmers association/LG Health Educators, Restaurant owners, market associations, Community – based organizations, traditional/opinion leaders/women groups etc. (April-December 2007)to curb spread of disease.
- Facilitator “Train-the-Trainer” Interpersonal communication (IPC) skill to ensure smooth implementation of UNICEF-B field programme in Lagos State
NATIONAL PROGRAMME ON IMMUNIZATION (NPI)
- Extensive knowledge acquired in the implementation/working of the National Programme on Immunization (NPI) previously expanded programme on Immunization (EPI).
- Paper presentation on Raising Integrity Standard in public service at Apapa Local Government Secretariat, 2009.
- A paper on “Towards Good Governance at the Grassroots, National Orientation Agency perspective presented across 20 LGAs in Lagos State 2011.
- Understanding MDGs and Vision 20-20-20 project and citizens delivered at training for Citizens, Rights Empowerment Advocacy (CREMA) August 17th, 2012.
- Challenges of Grassroot Governance across the 20 LGAs in Lagos State, 2011.
- Paper on Federal Government’s Reform Agenda.
- Youth Re-orientation in Nigeria: A Tool for Redirection.
- Empowering Nigerian Youths for Economic Development and National Peace.
- The Role of the Youths in combating insecurity in Nigeria at NYSC Orientation Camp Lagos, November, 2013. Etc.
- Interrogating the Past from the Present: The Family Institution and the Challenges of a Morally Decadent Society. Presented at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Days Saint Annual Conference, Accra, Ghana 2019.
- Associate Member Institute of Criminology and Penology.
- Fellow Institute of Corporate Administration of Nigeria.
- Fellow Chartered Institute of Public Diplomacy and Management.
- Member Estate Lawn Tennis Club, Isolo Lagos.
- Alumni United State Institute of Peace (Washington DC, USA).
- Chattered President Ikorodu Unique Lions Club.
- Past President Estate Tennis Club, Ejigbo.
- Member Lagos State Public Service Club.