Engr James Akujobi, MSc Electrical Engineering, Unilag, 1997,Bsc Electronics/ Computer Engineering LASU 1991, M.A Peace and Development Studies UniIlorin 2017,Ph D( in view)UniIlorin,
Fellow Security Institute,Fellow ECRMI,Fellow SOPRIMN, Fellow CAN, MNSE,etc.
Current Position: Director, General Service, NEMA.
He obtained Master of Science (MSc) degree in Electrical Engineering (Communication) from the University of Lagos, 1997 and Bachelor of Science (B Sc) in Electronics/ Computer Engineering from Lagos State University (1991).
He also has Master of Arts Degree in Peace and Development Studies from the University of Ilorin 2017. He is currently a Ph D research student in Peace and Development Studies, University of Ilorin.
Engr James Akujobi has attended several training courses, conferences, workshops and seminars in Nigeria and abroad including USA, UK, Austria, South Africa, Kenya, Zambia, Senegal, Ghana and Nigeria among several other countries. Some of the courses attended include :-
- Hazardous Material Handling Training Course organised by the United States Federal Emergency Management Agency-FEMA, in Pleasantry San Francisco, USA, September 2009.
- Executive Disaster Management Training Course by Bournemouth University – in Abuja 2009.
- Emergency Preparedness and Response Training Course, organised by United Nations World Food Programme, Abuja , 2010.
- Logistics Management in Emergency Situation Training Course by United Nations World Food Programme, Abuja, 2011.
- Disaster & Emergency Preparedness and Response Planning Training Course organised by UNICEF Kaduna, 2012.
- Inter-Regional Training Course on Emergency Preparendness and Response for States Embarking on a Nuclear Power Programme, IAEA, Vienna Austria, 2013.
- Nuclear and Radiological Emergency Preparedness and Response Train the Trainer Course, IAEA, Vienna Austria, 2014.
- Safety Compliance Management / General Site Worker Training C29CFR, Part 191e, California, USA 2013.
- Leadership, Policy and Strategy Training Course NIPSS , Jos, 2013
- Executive Intelligence Management Course, Institute For Security Studies, Abuja.2014
Recent positionsheld include:-
- Assistant Director Planning, Research & Forecasting, NEMA – 2009 -2011.
- Assistant Director Disaster Risk Reduction, – 2012 2013.
- Deputy Director Planning, Research and Forecasting, National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) Abuja.2014 – 2016.
- Deputy Director , General Services NEMA. – January 2017 – November, 2018
- Currently Director, General Services NEMA. December – 2018 – till
James Akujobi is a well known Disaster/ Emergency Risk Manager and has presented several topical papers on Disaster / Emergency Management at local and International Conferences , Seminars, Workshops, and Training Programmes
Including several Presentation atseveral MDAs, the Junior and Senior Course Armed Forces Command and Staff College, Jaji, National Defence College, Nigeria, Army War College, Nigeria, among others.
Engr James Akujobi,fsi, Professional Membership including Fellow of the Institute for Security Studies, Abuja, fsi.
- Fellow Corporate Administrators Nigeria, Fcan
- Member, Nigerian Society of Engineers, (MNSE)
- Member Society for Peace and Strategic Studies – MSPSS, Nigeria
- His interest areGodliness, Honesty, Justice, Hard work and Charity.
- His hobbies includes Reading, Travelling,& Lawn Tennis.
Engr James Akujobi is married with children.