Dr. Liman Alhaji Ibrahim, the Controller General, Federal Fire Service was born to the family of Late Alh. Abdulrahman Ndabida, the 4th Imam of Baro in Agaie Local Government Area of Niger State.
Dr. Liman, who happens to be the Wazirin Baro is an erudite scholar who developed himself academically in the quest to attain this height. He started his primary education at L.E.A Primary School Baro from 1967-1973; from there he proceeded to Justice Fati-Lami Abubakar College of Art & Legal Studies, Minna from 1974 – 1979. He attended both the prestigious Ahmadu Bello University Zaria and Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University Bauchi before obtaining a Masters Degree in Public Administration at the University of Calabar in 2006.
He also attended Bournemouth University and Royal Institute of Public Administration (RIPA) both in London, United Kingdom
Liman Ibrahim is a fellow of many professional institutions such as:-
- Fellow, Institute of Public Administration (FPA)
- Fellow, Institute of Corporate Administration (FCAI)
- Fellow, Institute of Registered Administrative Managers of Nigeria (F. inst AM).
- Fellow, Fire Protection Association of Nigeria
- Fellow, Institute of Leadership and Management
- Fellow, Institute of Disaster Management and Safety Service.
Under Fire, Crises and Disaster Management Courses:-
Liman, who after obtaining the mandatory Basic Fire Fighting Courses holds the following:-
- Advance Fire Certificate of Competency (ADFCC), Kano 2005.
- Nigeria National Disaster Management Courses No 6 Jaji Kaduna
- National Disaster/Crises Management (Defence Hqrs Abuja) – 2007
- Malaysia Official Fire Protection and Rescue expo & Conference, Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre (FIREC 2008).
- Nigeria Executive Disaster Management Seminar, Calabar 2009.
- International Disaster Management Course, London 2010.
- Senior Nigerian Fire Officer’s Study Visit to UK Fire Training & Command Centre, London 2011.
- 2nd International Disaster Management Exhibition/Conference (IDME), Istanbul – Turkey.
- Dubai (UAE) Study Tour of the Tallest Building in the World Burg-Khalifa, and other High –Rise Buildings.
The Wazirin Baro is not where he is today by happenstance. As a matter of fact, he earned it.
He bagged several managerial certificates both home and abroad. These includes:-
- Improved Policy Management & Public Service Delivery (ASCON), Badagry, Lagos.
- Advanced Personnel/Human Resources Management (ASCON) Badagry, Lagos.
- Advanced Econometric Modelling for Policy Analysis and Simulation – Centre for Management (CMD), Lagos.
- Leadership Certificate, Royal Institute of Public Administration (RIPA) London, UK.
- Institutional Development for Permanent Secretaries and Senior Executive Officers (RIPA) London, UK.
WORK / EXPERIENCE
Liman Ibrahim Alhaji, the Controller General, Federal Fire Service was employed as a Cadet Fire Officer in Niger State Government as a Station Officer on 24th February 1986. This was when he began his illustrious career in the Fire Service. He has served in various capacities both in the state and federal levels which includes,
- HOD – Admin and Staff Welfare – Niger State Fire Service (NSFS)
- HOD – Training and Research – Niger State Fire Service (NSFS)
- HOD – Fire Prevention and Consultancy Service – Niger State Fire Service (NSFS)
- HOD – Operations – Niger State Fire Service (NSFS)
- Member LGA Caretaker Committee, Agaie LGA
- Public Relation Officer Niger State Fire Service (NSFS)
- HOD – FCT Fire Service, Abuja.
- Director FCT Urban Affairs Department Abuja Metropolitan Management Council (AMMC) in charge of Disaster Management in the FCT.
- Controller – FCT Fire Service, Abuja.
- Assistant Controller General (Admin & Supply) – Federal Fire Service (FFS)
- Assistant Controller General (Planning, Regulatory & Inspectorate) – Federal Fire Service (FFS)
- Controller General Federal Fire Service, Abuja.
- Controller General, Federal Fire Service.
Dr. Liman is also Member of many professional Institution such as:-
- Member, Wawickshire Fire and Rescue Service, U.K
- Member, North Amptonshire Fire and Rescue Service, U.K.
- Member, Institute of Fire Engineers, U.K.
- Member, Rio-de-Janairo Fire Rescue, Brazil
- Liman was appointed the Pan-African Distinguished Award (PADA).
- Kwame Nkruma Exemplary Leadership Merit Award
He was appointed the Ag. Controller General Federal Fire Service on 4th March 2019. Before his appointment, he was foundation Head of the FCT Fire Service, which he nurtured from infancy and developed it to its enviable status. He later became its pioneer Controller and was later promoted as first Assistant Controller General. His appointment was transferred from FCT Fire Service to the Federal Fire Service in August 2015. When he resumed duty, he was posted to head the Administration and Supply Department of the Service.
In his capacity as the Head of the Administration Department, he worked very closely with the retired Controller General Engr. Anebi Joseph Garba in assisting him in policy formulation and implementation. It is an open knowledge in the Service that the contributions of Liman Ibrahim Alhaji the Controller General assisted in the sterling performance of the immediate past Management team headed by the retired Controller General.
The role played by the Controller General when he was the ACG (A&S) in the success story of the Service includes the following: –
- Day to day Administration of the Service
- Welfare of the staff including the promotion of stagnated officers.
- Factory Inspection visits overseas.
- Firefighting trucks inspection test overseas among many other transformation achievements of the immediate past management team of the Service.
- Training of the staff locally and foreign.
He was later posted to the Policy Regulatory and Inspectorate Department (PRI), where he directed the affairs of the Department successfully until his appointment as the Ag. Controller General before he was confirmed as the substantive Controller General of Fire on the…..
Today we are witnessing a historic investiture of this paragon of knowledge who rose through the ranks to be elevated to the post of Controller General Fire Service.
To God Be the Glory.